Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Knith Degree


I consider myself somewhat literate, so I am thinking why the heck can't I teach myself to knit? Today I went to the yarn store in Tigard and asked the nice lady did she have a book 'Knitting For Idiots' ? I think I offended her. I meant that I was the idiot. Anyhoo, she helped me find a beginning book, some nice wool/acrylic ball of yarn, some needles and I was on my way! I HAD to make a scarf for Amy's Warm Up project and I am tired of saying "I don't knit" and get those sympathetic looks (you know the ones I mean) so here is my first muddle through simple garter stitch project. (that cast on learning curve was a bitch.) I'm on my way!!!!

2 comments:

Devonshire said...

Congratulations Mom I knew you would love it and don't worry the first step is always the hardest. Love you lots and look forward to talking all things knitting.

Anonymous said...

That's is wonderful! I can't wait to see what progress you make!