Wednesday, August 15, 2007

The scarf saga: Continued



I made my first ribbon scarf. I was thrilled with the results...until...until...well, until I took a picture and realized that there is a subtle difference in the dye lot. Well, apparently not subtle ENOUGH, since I spotted it in the picture. hahaha joke's on me!
8/13 Addendum to the ribbon yarn story: I went and got a matching dye lot today to try and salvage this project w/o frogging the whole darn thing.. Oy Vey! I have even figured out something to do with the mismatched dye lot part of the scarf w/o throwing it all away. Stay tuned for my brilliant idea...Let's see if it works!
8/15/07 I got the scarf redone and I am so happy. The rest of it (the wrong color) is going to be played with and hopefully it'll work. We'll see....

8/27/07 I redid the scarf and sent it to Devon, my darling daughter over at knitandrip.blogspot.com Maybe I can sweet talk her into posting a pic of her modeling it. It was fun...stay tuned though, the piece I cut off is going to be something else.

3 comments:

Devonshire said...

The scarf looks great mom! I've never worked with ribbon, how was it?

LisaW. said...

Thanks for your lovely comments! You are totally the queen of scarves. One question, where did you get your pattern for the tea cozy? I think I'd like to do one for my Knit1Tea2 supersecretswapperpal too! stop by again sometime.

Psyched2Knit said...

I just had the same problem! It is a REAL kill joy! Glad to know that I am not alone.