Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Arielle is home from Germany!

My 18 yr old got home tonight from spending the last year in Germany. Oh it was so good to lay eyes on her. So we're all at the airport waiting...waiting...then she suddenly appears, hugs all around, and oops! what's this? She has a new nose stud! She told me her sister Devon got it for her for her 18th birthday. What happened to cake and ice cream? Just kidding! It's pretty cute. It's funny, when they turn 18, things like that are no big deal. When I was about that age I got 2 piercings in each ear. Then a guy friend and I were in San Francisco and he wanted one ear pierced and we go into a shop and ask the nice Asian woman "How much for one ear?" She replies " Same price!!!One or two holes!!!!" Of course we are both total cheapskates trying to save a buck, so I said "Fine, I'll take his other hole!" and it totally scandalized my mother that I got not one but 2&3 holes! The bittersweet part is a few years after that my friend and his partner were lost at sea and I still think of him when I wear that third earring. Miss you guys Steve and Jon. Still think you might turn up on some exotic island in the Pacific. Devon's middle name is Marisa, for the goddess of the Sea, Maris. That's for you guys...wish you were here RIP 1979

1 comment:

Devonshire said...

For her 19th birthday! I think it looks pretty cute. I thought my middle name was for Mary and Lisa combined? But I like it for the goddess of the sea too.