Friday, July 13, 2007

Sold my soul to the knitting gods




OH MY GOSH! I love knitting. I am hooked. Since my last post, a)I have been working on my scarf for Amy, b) found some baby yarn in my stash and started a baby hat I saw on Knitty Gritty (DIY)The funny thing is this: working it on my makeshift chopstick "needles" c) today bought several sizes of needles and yarn. lots. bunches. d) started on a project for Devon and Jason's anniversary (muddling through anyway) e) went to the library and got 14 beginner knitting books and f) got my 12 yo son hooked on it as well (he is doing a simple belt project) Why haven't I done this before? How could I have not discovered this before? My arthritis makes it a little difficult to do this and I pay for my 5 hour sessions with stiff hands and fingers, but what the hey! It is worth every single painful moment to create something out of nothing. Thank you Devon for encouraging me to do this. Can't wait to find a class to help me along. I am muddling through the books as I try each new project. So here's my very first baby hat project for my BF Deb's first grandbaby due in Sept. Maybe I'll even get it done in time, then I'll start another for Amy's Warm Up project. Wahoo!

Notice the progress on the scarf @ right!

4 comments:

Devonshire said...

Those look great mom! That is so cool that you are learning to knit - it is a great thing to be a part of...

Anonymous said...

Wow awesome! Those are looking great Momma Devon! I think it's awesome you wanted to make a scarf for Amy's project - I was lucky enough to meet her, and she's a very special lady, just like your daughter. Welcome to our obsession =)

Bubblesknits said...

I see your daughter has lured you over to the dark side. :-) *Insert evil Darth Vader type laugh*

I think it's the Yarn Harlot. She infects people with the knitting bug. LOL

vegasangelbrat said...

Oh your doing great Momma! Now which book did you use to start..lol I've been thinking about just going for it, pick something and stick with it! I will learn this :) Keep up the great work and I love the dishcloths you made for Devon! Beautiful and great job done!